domenica 1 aprile 2012

EXCLUSIVE AND UNUSUAL INTERVIEW WITH ROBIN WRIGHT

(Kelly Capwell #1 on "Santa Barbara")



Today I’m presenting to you the interview that Robin Wright has granted exclusively to "Santa Barbara Blog". Robin Wright first rose to fame on the television series Santa Barbara as Kelly Capwell which earned her three Daytime Emmy nominations. She went on to star in films such as The Princess Bride and Toys, both of which earned her nominations for the Saturn Award for Best Supporting Actress. She then starred as Jenny Curran in Forrest Gump, which earned her a Golden Globe Award for Best Supporting Actress – Motion Picture nomination. She has starred in films such as Message in a Bottle, Unbreakable, White Oleander, The Conspirator, Moneyball and The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. In 1996, she married Sean Penn and changed her name to Robin Wright Penn. The same year, she starred in the film adaptation of Daniel Defoe's Moll Flanders for which she received a Satellite Nomination for Best Actress in a Drama. She went on to co-star with her husband in the 1997 film She's So Lovely, for which she was nominated for a Screen Actors Guild Award for Best Actress. One of her most recent successes was a supporting role in the television film Empire Falls as Grace Roby, mother of Ed Harris's character Miles Roby. Wright received her third Screen Actors Guild Award nomination for this role.



First of all thank you for agreeing to answer a few questions about Santa Barbara, Ms. Wright. Today you're an affirmed and appreciated actress throughout the world. What do you remember about your audition?

At the time I had done many auditions for many films. No one was successful. Then my agent suggested I try it with Santa Barbara. I was skeptical, I considered soap operas like garbage. Unfortunately, that audition was successful. The rest is history.


But your Kelly Capwell is still in the hearts of many fans around the world. Especially your spontaneity in acting…

As I have already said, whatever Kelly said, in my opinion it was garbage. Those four years in the soap were a real prison. Dialogues were superficial, stories were surreal and improbable. Luckily I removed everything. I suggest you to do the same.

Instead SB was known mainly thanks to the depth of dialogues, his sense of humor ...

Dear Pierpaolo, maybe you do not know the meaning of "garbage". Every day I wanted to terminate my contract. Every day!

But you have found love there. Dane Witherspoon (Joe Perkins) became your husband ...

He was fired without reason. SB lost me there. His replacement was an intractable person. He was gay, so it was impossible for me to have chemistry with him.


Is it true that you could not go along with Marcy Walker?

Her nose. When she spoke, that ridiculous nose was moving. She was jealous of all of us. After "The Princess Bride", I guess she felt like a failure. At the beginning, however, I liked her.

Do You have at least one happy memory from Santa Barbara?

Of course. My last working day. The cast gave me a farewell video. I still have it.

And Robin Wright has agreed to share this video with us. Click here to watch it.



6 commenti:

  1. LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

    RispondiElimina
  2. This is the funniest interview I've read from Robin Wright. Thanks Pier

    RispondiElimina
  3. OMG, ah ah ah!! She was nice to talk with you about SB even though she still hate the show. And those sincere words regarding her former collegues are rare in the showbiz! LOL

    RispondiElimina
  4. when and where did this one take place ? seems a magazine talk to me.

    RispondiElimina

CHI E' COLLEGATO?