lunedì 20 giugno 2011

AN EXCLUSIVE AND UNUSUAL INTERVIEW WITH PETER MARK RICHMAN (C.C. CAPWELL #1)


Peter Mark Richman: painter, football player, stage actor, voice actor, movie actor, writer. These are just some of the definitions related to you. 84 years of which almost 60 spent in the world of film, theater and television. You originated the role of C.C. Capwell on our beloved “Santa Barbara” in 1984. It is my great honor to have the opportunity to ask you some questions.


Your first movie was opposite Gary Cooper in 1956.  At that time You were not even the star that you're today. What were your expectations? That boy what he thought about movies and what he expected?

I was on Broadway and doing live tv during the golden age of television when I got the job in “Friendly Persuasion”, I was thrilled to play opposite Gary Cooper and Dorothy McGuire. I was under contract to William Wyler, the director who signed me for the film, but I wanted to get back to New York and the stage to improve my craft.

Then many other roles in films and television came to you. Some ‘60 television shows were live. Today it is no longer the case. Do You think it's been a good change or not?Acting in live tv was sometimes hair-raising, but terrific experience and training for improving your talent. Film is much easier and not as much pressure.

In Italy we have loved Dynasty. What are your memories? Dynasty was a beautiful and strong family saga. Why today the screenwriters don’t write more shows like these?

Dynasty was a wonderful continuing series for me and I enjoyed doing it.

And we get to Santa Barbara. Do You have been the first C.C. Capwell. The role was created for Lloyd Bochner, but due to a heart attack he could not continue. So Bridget and Jerome Dobson (creators of SB) called you for that role. C.C. was the patriarch, one of the main characters. You have to do an audition? What did you expected from SB?

Santa Barbara came up and I left Dynasty to do SB. In a sense it was a mistake because I hated doing a soap every day and couldn’t wait to get out of it. The scripts were lousy.

I read in an interview that “…working on “Santa Barbara” was painful for me. Daytime soaps are mostly garbage and time-fillers”. Can you explain to us the reasons?

I am not a soap opera actor. I did not have to audition. They wanted me so I did it. Of course they paid me well.

SB was a new-born show. Like all new shows SB needed a little 'time before it worked. You have left the show too early, after approximately one month. So It was your choice? The Dobson did not try to convince you to stay?

In a soap opera the scripts don’t have much depth and are rather silly. You are lucky to have learned your lines by the time you shoot. I think there were 4 or 5 CC Capwell after I left. I performed about 30 or 35 hour shows…It was enough!

What do you remember about Bridget and Jerome Dobson? Can you do a personal and professional portrait about them?

I don’t remember anything about the Dobsons…

On SB You've acted more with Lane Davies (Mason Capwell) and Robin Wright (Kelly). Robin Wright now is a much appreciated actress. What do you remember about Lane and Robin?

Robin Wright played my daughter and was just lovely. I thought at the time that she would be a big star, so beautiful and sweet and extremely gifted. I was right! She is still sweet and beautiful and extremely gifted. I don’t remember Lane.

In the cast of SB there was Dame Judith Anderson, a legend of stage and screen. Can you make a personal and professional portrait of her? Do you have any anecdotes?

I remember sitting in a make-up chair next to Judith Anderson who I admired greatly. I said to her: “I look forward to working with you”. She turned to me and said: “You better hurry!” (She was getting up in age). That was her humor. She is a history in the theater.

In my opinion Over the years, SB has improved a lot and his sense of humor is universally recognized. All this was perfect for me. In the other soaps everything seems to me tedious and "already seen". There is a good memory that SB gave to you? Even the bad experiences leave something positive.

Pier: Do you realize I did Santa Barbara in 1984?

Which are your future plans? This interview is designed primarily for the Italian public. In our country, “Santa Barbara” was very much loved and followed. Do You want to say something to the Italian public who loved your C.C. Capwell?

I’m very happy to hear that the Italian public loved SB. And I am so pleased to know that CC Capwell that I created is loved also. It’s very gratifying. But I think you are just saying that to please me. I am always doing something. Mainly, I just finished my autobiography and waiting for it to be published. It is called “I saw a molten white light”…and I have two films coming out “After the Wizard” and “Mysteria”. When they will be released I have no idea.

3 commenti:

  1. Thanks to internet I have seen the firts episodes of SB, realy a good beginig, a great storylines -not the teenagers, of course- and i discover the first CC, and for me is the best after Jed Allan, my favorite. Thanks for the interview.

    RispondiElimina
  2. Robin Wright: bella, dolce e incredibilmente dotata!
    VERISSIMO!!
    Ancora grazie!
    gen

    RispondiElimina
  3. I want to say thanks once again to this great man called Dr Zuma and his spiritual way of helping people i lives in USA with my husband we love each other and also he care about me always look forward to make things easy for both of us 9 years after our wedding, we both work harder to make a family greatest surprise, we have a kid after some times again, we have another one so with this, we live in peace and he was so honest to me shortly, he started misbehaving that i don’t know what is going on then i asked him. Darling what is going on? you are so strange to me this few days hope i have not offended you? he said no. Not knowing he have an affair with one lady out side who promised him a car and apartment in one estate were i cannot see him also when he cannot see me i manage to stay with him pleading him he should forgive me if i have wrong him he started complaining he has no money that he has lost all his money in his business that he needs some money then i asked him how much is this money you are looking for? he did not know i can afford it. Then, he said $14,000USD i promised him i we give it to him just for him to care about his family. My greatest surprise, the next day, i went to work and our two kids were in school not knowing his going to leave the house before i come’s back i met some of his things outside i was waiting for him to come back he never come back i cried i miss him so much and he have taking all my money away i was only left with $800USD. One day, as i was ready a blog i saw a testifier made by someone in Australia called Jessica telling people about how this man call Dr Zuma helped her and the man’s contact email was there and his mobile number then i contacted him for a help and really, he brought back my husband now am so happy my brothers and sister if you are in such relationship problem kindly via Email spiritualherbalisthealing@gmail.com or Whatsapp +15068001647 he will help you solve all your problems.

    RispondiElimina

CHI E' COLLEGATO?