domenica 9 dicembre 2012

EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEWS: How I found Bridget Dobson - part two



I am pleased to announce to you that Bridget Dobson's Interview will come for Christmas, here on Santa Barbara Blog. And since there are still a few weeks to Christmas, I will use this time to tell you some things about the interview you are about to read. If you have missed the first part, you can find it here
Most of the Mary Dobson has never responded to my message and all others told me that I had contacted the wrong person. But something has happened with this insane idea. I decided to tell about it to a person who many years ago was a close friend of Bridget Dobson. A person to whom I owe everything. I will not reveal his name even under torture because an aura of mystery makes it more juicy. This person, moved by pity, I think, has decided to help me, and dusting off an old phone number. After five rings, he heard again Bridget Dobson’s voice. He talked with Bridget Dobson about me and asked if she was willing to get in touch with me. The answer was yes. When I heard this, I went into a trance for about a day. I felt all the emotions present in the emotional spectrum: disbelief, joy, wonder, happiness, impatience and fear. Yes, fear. I was afraid to fail, to look stupid, not being able to get an interview with her. So, at that point I impulsively wrote an email to her. Here are some excerpts:

 “Dear Miss Bridget Dobson”…
…these four words are the dream of my life. I'm looking for you and your husband Jerome for many years. I am not an agent of the IRS, but a very strong feeling leads me to look for you. My name is Pierpaolo, I’m 32 years old and I live in Turin, Italy. I love Hitchcock, Truffaut, Chabrol, Chaplin, Welles and others almost as much as I love SB, but not more than SB. SB is the closest thing to my worldview. [..]
I wanted to slap the perpetrators of your departure from SB. I watch over and over again the moment you took the first Emmy in 1988. [..]
You won, Miss Dobson. You won because you and your husband got your creature back in 1991. You won because SB was a worldwide success. You won because SB still lives in my heart and in the heart of millions of people. The period without you was the dark for SB, but then the light came back to shine with you. The Dobson are back! And this is also evident in the show: Pamela is back in town to disrupt the lives of all the Capwells with her “madness”, in the wonderful episode written by Patrick Mulcahey. And as Pamela, the Dobson also are back with their "madness" to unsettle SB and give new life to it. The Pandora's box has been open. And you opened my Pandora’s box: you free my positive and negative feelings and this has allowed me to experience them when I was just a child. [..]
I have no news about you for several years, then a few months ago my heart has had a shake when unexpectedly I read on the web that you and your sisters sued ABC for the rights of GH. (I do not know this issue very well). But my heart swelled with joy: "Bridget Dobson is well and she is more combative than ever." And then I smiled. Sorry if I dare, but for me you are my Bridget "Tiger" Dobson.
 Thank you for reading my declaration of love for you.
 All the Best, Pierpaolo

And, as you wait for the response of your lover, I waited for the answer to my crazy e mail. And then, after about a week, here comes the name "Bridget Dobson" in my mail box. She said:

Dear Pierpaolo - I am late in responding to this love letter [..]
[..] Then, when I had a few minutes to respond, I found I had lost your ardent missive somewhere in the vastness of cyberspace, and I couldn't remember your name.  I googled  “loony lover” and “passionate nutcase” but your name didn't appear on my PC screen. So I gave up and decided that it was a shame, but your love would just have to go seemingly unappreciated.  Then, days later,  I accidentally found notes I had taken when I spoke to XXXX and voila!  Your name.
[..] Thank you for everything you said.  I am impressed and inundated by your passion.  I am terrified that you sniffed too much of the SB glue and it has addled your brain forever.  Still, how can I help but be complimented?  As your mentor, your lover, your mother, your companion and your best friend I have a suggestion for you:  get a life. However, we aren't simple creatures, and in all my complexity I also think you are wonderful.  Bridget

Maybe I'm crazy, but this was for me a very nice compliment. I only had to explain to Ms. Dobson that I already have a life and that Santa Barbara is just my fun and escape. So I started talking to her about me and my life.

to be continued...



1 commento:

CHI E' COLLEGATO?